This has been sitting around for a couple days now and I felt like just finishing it. My style kind of jumps around in it since I kept leaving it and coming back to it.
• Theme song: Green Day - Brat.
• Was the most conniving little thing alive. Only looked cute, but was smart and would getcha.
• Could manipulate people well, even at a young age.
• Knew every dinosaur ever and could pronounce their scientific names off of the top of my head like it was nothing.
• Was determined to be a paleontologist.
• Loved Jurassic Park, Aliens, Tremors and Blue's Clues.
• Mom made me wear dresses. :I Hated them. Same with barrettes.
• Had lots of freckles.
• Eyes were intensely blue.
• Theme song: Joan Jett - Bad Reputation.
• Could and would beat the hell out of you.
• Wore ridiculously mismatching 90s clothes. And loved them.
• Was sun burnt a lot. Hair got darker from the sun too.
• Lots of cuts and scrapes.
• Loved Conker's Bad Fur Day, Hamtaro, Pokemon, Jurassic Park and Powerpuff Girls.
• Had lots of leg surgery during these years, I just didn't draw any of it here.
• Still got the freckles! Just less of them.
• Eyes faded to a lighter blue.
Middle School - Early High School
• Theme song: Blink-182 - Adam's Song.
• My whole wardrobe was black with black on top of black. And some red.
• Started dying my hair a lot.
• Very depressed, Often cut self or carved things into my body.
• Had a few suicide attempts.
• Hated just about everything in the first couple years.
• Slowly got better as High School came about, but when alone was very self-mutilating.
• Experimented with drinking and smoking.
• Missed lots of school - a combination of being sick ALL the time and just being depressed.
• Eyes turned green. Lost my freckles. Became paler from hardly showing skin.
• Mentally repressed a lot of what happened during those years, so it's hard to remember big events or details.
• Loved old rock music, Devil May Cry, Transformers, and self destructive things. From what I can remember.
• Was a bitter asshole to everyone. Mostly.
• Theme song: Metric - Black Sheep.
• FORCED myself to be happy.
• Bought a bunch of bright clothes to try and cover things up.
• Eventually this started to work and started to become whimsical again and enjoy life.
• At that point had dyed hair every possible color but straight out pink.
• Started a very serious relationship. And while it backfired on both of us, I wouldn't take it back for the world. Thanks for the experience man<3 We both grew a lot.
• Loved anything and everything retro or cartoon related. And ska and indie music. Also Team Fortress 2. Lots of it.
• Created Tango during these years and spent most free time mulling over his story.
• Drank less, but kept smoking.
• Eyes turned from green to gray, slowly. And gained some skin tone back.
• Drawing. Constantly. All the time. Aimed to be the best and wasn't going to let shit stop me. Could have conquered the world during these years, or so I thought.
• Collects hats.
• Theme song: Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Warrior.
• Suddenly reality pistol whipped me.
• Depression came back, but not nearly as bad.
• Came out of the closet.
• Smokes. Doesn't really care though. We all have our vices. Even if it is stupid.
• Acts out in negative ways for attention often. Has this weird need to be kicked down a few pegs. It hasn't happened yet.
• Snarky. Very, very snarky. And very two-faced.
• Started to power trip on certain things and if not in control or the leader for things (depending) starts to get really pissed off. Mom always said to be a leader and not a follower, but it's getting out of control.
• Physical need to fight people is at an all time high.
• Becoming self destructive again. Is fine with it. Aware that it's stupid.
• Self esteem sinking dramatically.
• Loves My Little Pony, tentacles, cephalopods, bloody noses, cowboys and zombies.
• Eyes are completely gray now.
• Addicted to twizzlers and yogurt. Yet is lactose intolerant (-sob- yogurttt).
• Despite the negativity, still manages to be a jolly person to closest group of friends and wouldn't trade them for the freakin' world. <3
Oh boy, the more you know!
I feel like this was me venting about my life more than anything. :I
I didn't mean to make this dramatic. If it is.
Art (c) Me.
Meme (c) `thundercake.
Music Mood: Infant Sorrow - Bangers, Beans and Mash.
Here's the old one:
Wow, you are a very strong and brave individual for being able to let complete strangers from the internet know all of this stuff about you. (I am in no means a stalker!) And I'm really touched that you would do this. I'm seriously in awe of you right now, just wow. I'm not going to give you the usual spiel 'bout the self-harm and suicidal thoughts thing 'cause you probably got that enough already. But I'm very happy that, although you are depressed again, that it is not as bad as before. I know from what you said above that you are not going to let this take you down, thank you for sharing this with me and everyone else here on da, you are a seriously amazing person.
Alright, now, I LOVE your art! It just looks so fun to me! I'm having a hard time describing it, I just love all of it, it's just...yayness! I just love the style, if they did a cartoon in this style I would watch, even if the plot was complete sh*t, just to see the characters in this style, I love it that much. There's just something in the style that makes me smile like a lunatic. I am really glad I found this, thank you thank you thank you for making this, thank you!
I think that's a good idea though, to do little things about the journeys and hardships you are going through or have had in your life, like a a drawn diary. I know I certainly do it. Writing doesn't help me express and vent and tell so much as effectively as art does. Then it's also all there for you to look at at any time.
It can be really hard though to open up and show everything, whether its via art or talking or another form of media. There's still a lot about myself I haven't quite put out into the open, but doing it little by little has really helped. :> I think just the positive reinforcement I've gotten from people has helped a lot too. You never know what to expect when you post such personal things, but like the words you've given me it just makes me feel like more of a person and less of a bundle of problems. :') So thanks so much. <3
And as we as people continue to go through more transitions and experiences I really hope for the best for ya<3
In highschool when I tried to be happy, sometimes I would over do it and people thought I was a hyper brat and still see me in town now a days and look at me like Im a freak. But Meh~
Perhaps it's just the age itself, being a teenager at that point is a very awkward and "growing into yourself" sort of time. But it still makes me sad to hear. I wish things could be easier for everyone.
Oh I know that feeling as well. I'm thankful I don't run into many people from high school now, or rather they don't recall who I am due to a shaved head and multiple piercings idk. Facebook helps them find me but ahaha I use a different last name on there now.
But weh I hope things are going good for you otherwise. <3
At least your elementary was fucking awesome
when I was in fifth grade I broke a teacher's hand being badass and was thrown in a mental school for the rest of the year.
Again, such a cool drawing!!
Things have definitely improved, but we all have our struggles to deal with. I'll get through mine in time. :> But it's true about surrounding yourself with good people and that's helped me out a lot.
Thank you again<3
And as a side-note, your art has improved greatly since the last meme. It looks really good :>
Things have improved in some ways and I feel as if I'm able to cope with things much more easily than I could before. I think things are just starting to come full circle now that the year is ending as well. But it's already been about a year since I've posted this so I suppose things are bound to change.
Thank you once more!
Especially when I feel bad, cause, You're life reminds me that, no matter how bad things get, they eventually get better. Even if it's just a smudge. Right now, I'm kind of in your highschool years. Kind of having the same issues, and kind of not.
But looking at this picture every now and then makes me realize how far I've come, and how far I hope to go, and I feel a lot better.
And things WILL get better. Things do suck sometimes, but if its one thing I've learned with my life experiences its that you can roll with the punches and become stronger from the experiences you have. Another thing I learned is that if you are unhappy with things are you can always create your own happiness, which is one of the best things a person can do, albeit one of the hardest I think.
I really hope everything goes well for you and I wish you the absolute best. <3
I just want you to know that there is ALWAYS hope. Jesus loves you so much, He wants you to be at peace and be joyful. He will always be there for you, no matter what. You are worth so much to Him! I really wish you the absolute best!
And I have gotten help for my depression and all of that. I'm some pills now that make me feel so much more like myself. And yeah, it really is no fun. :< Caused a lot of pain for a lot of people..but I'm just glad I had friends who were willing to risk a lot to help me out. True bros<3
Thank you so much<333
And you're very welcome!
Unless the school is just total shit. That...that happens too. :C I hope your school doesn't suck.
I've heard a couple horror stories. I don't do student housing personally since I live close to my school, but I have some friends that do. It seems pretty ridiculous. One thing about roommates though that's nice is that people switch rooms a lot, or at least around here they do, so whoever you're bunking with might do that and you could end up rooming with someone way cooler.
College life ain't bad. I mean it's just busy. But that's school in a nutshell anyway.
Thank you very much for sharing your story with us, I for one love hearing/reading/looking (at) other peoples stories. And yours is slightly similiar to mine.
I hope you find peace and bliss, and Never stop drawing.
By the way, Tango for the win. <3
and you weren't an asshole in middle school :3 You called me "Carebear kid" and honestly, I looked up to you cause your clothes were soo awesome to me. XDD.
Aw, well I had no reason to be an asshole to you. You were always such a sweetheart. :3 <333
anyway I wish I could do this D: stupid lack of time and equipment to do so ><
I just learned A HUGE amount about you in just a deviation. Thats fucking sad. That made me realize that I barely even know you. So like, we should hang out more often or something. I hope to see you more this summer.
I can relate to a lot of what you have up there but just coming at it from a different angle. this was some interesting 'info' to be read.
I thought most people assumed I did at first glance. But I'm nowhere near as bad a smoker as my mom or..anything like that. I don't chain smoke at all and I try to spread them out as far as physically possible or distract myself with gum or something else. :[
We do need to hang out more! I miss our shenanigans!
I'll be down to three classes in the summer, but all my classes are gonna be on one day twice a week, so I have lots of free time. :3 <3
This is beautiful btdubs.
Wait what... That was almost two years ago? Hot damn, it feels like yesterday~
WE'LL SOON BE DRAWING TIME WARPS WHEN WE'RE 80. And our theme will be: WHEN I WAS. A YOUNG MAN. HERPY DERPY DERP.
But nah, I think it's come out lookin' real good And man, be careful with that thin line between realism and pessimism! It's a veeeery thin walk to tread y'know~ Of course, I'm sure you've heard that a million times before xD
Strange though considering I've known you since, what, the third stage there? Fack it's been a long time 8| /brofists BROS B4 HOS. Not that you ain't my ho too*punt'd*
Lovely linearting though! I totally admire your patience for all of that - I've grown so fuckin' lazy with my art I just don't bother with it anymore xD Just annoys the shit out of me~ But you've still got that cartoon blood in you, and that I have total respect for, it's awesome <3 I can't wait to see what kind of crazy shite you're gonna be able to do once you finish with all of that college!
/just realized it's flat colours
ASKJBDAKJSDBKASJD damn I want that ability to do that D:< You manage to put in such clear definition with simple line and colour! Now that's something I'll never be able to do dammit Dx Although once again, I suppose that's very much a cartoonist sort of thing when you're working on most productions, you wanna have as little shading going on as possible~ Augenblick is probably the leader in that I'd be guessing xD But I know fuck all about it so! Always be my mentor in that stuff dude :3c
... Super long comment. WHERE'D THAT COME FROM. OH WELL. Gimme a little while to go through the rest of your arts and comment on everything I missed while I was away from Da~<3
*looks at your music mood* Well if there's one thing that's never changed it's your taste in music xD <3